Tuesday, April 7, 2009

MBA GD PI Scene

So cat results were out in jan itself and I scored 93.66 and at this score I wasnt sure what to do. Had filled 3 forms. Nirma KJSOMAIYA and IIFM, MICA I fileld later and was instantly in love with it. had to give MICAT later to get a call for GE PI of MICA. With all the calls out and fortunately no money wasted, now I had a good travel plan in front of me.

18 March 7:30 Am Jammu to Ahmedabad Somnath express 56 station sleeper through the Deserts of Rajasthan. I was filled with sand in every possible orifice of my body. Please if you intend to travel take the 2nd ac option since there is no 3rd ac in it.Reached 3 PM 19 March

20 March MICA GE PI We reached IIMA campus to be taken to the MICA campus in a bus. The campus is huge and green with nice architecture. U love it just as u enter into the campus. the fees is an issue. To get the full value you have to shell out 15 lakh for a 2 year course.
GE is similar to GD just that here u act rather than speak. We were given some chits with words to arrange to form a story. managed to do that with a title and our group fared very well. But I knew I hadnt done much to prove myself. Then we went for Lunch. Was tasty meal with 2 vegetables , papad, rice,achaar, curd etc etc. Money well spent even if you dont clear the call. Anyways GE done PI was not much better anyways so had no chance of clearing it. they declared results the same day 20 people were selected 18 girls. No eye brows raised. But then I was a dwarf there in front of those great people with whom I competed, first time I had an inferiority complex. Disappointed I got back to the place I was staying.

21 March 00:30 Am Porbandar Motihari Express 3rd Ac thank god the train was good and stations were few. Reached 21March 8:00 Pm

22 March 09:00 AM Depressed at not being able to clear MICA went to Kj som GDPI at IIFT campus with nothin to loose. Was very aggressive in GD (Topic "Technology intrusion a slow poison") and thank god did not over do it. led the group for some time. Put some nice points forward. I though it went well. Someone also congratulated me for the good GD. But then its the moderators of GD which needed to be impressed. In PI they looked impressed and were asking nice questions. I answered what ever they asked. just faltered at a question where they asked wht I ahd been doing for one year flat. Could have told the Jammu Amarnath caused delay in exams but didnt come to mind. In all PI was okk. GD was good. Have some hopes to atleast make it to the wait list.

22 March 9:25 PM Dakshin Express 3 station train to bhopal from delhi sleeper. Reached in morning 7:00 Am Got a room booked for 2 days at 200 per day at IIFM bhopal itself. Nice place. Forest covered. 120 students 240 acres. No connectivity. No shops No ATM. But thats the fun of Forest management. My room was pretty good with Net connection, AC fitting, Attached Bathroom. But Boys hostel was shabby. With holi Colours still not washed and chits and bits here and there. Not well maintained. Food served was the one to be served for guests. Bland. Not good.

24 March 8:30 Am had no intentions of joining the college and did not want to go for the GD/PI was thinkin of leaving the place the first day itself. But then I waited to get more exposure. GD happened on topic " Corruption is the price we pay for democracy" Was a nice GD not a fish market. Did well. Spoke 3 4 times and had good things to say. No rubbish. Over.
Checked My docs. PI to start. Everyone was being asked why they wanted to join IIFM. I had no answer. Made a story that I wanted to set up some waste management Plant. Interviewers didnt mind to ask that to me. At the end I was asked if I had any query Blurted out a story regarding Waste management plant. Sounds green. May be it helps. other wise Pi was ok types. CAnt say much. Have good percentile to help. but then all is in the hands of the Interviewers.

24 March 4:30 PM Karnataka Sampark Kranti Nice train. Sleeper. To hyderabad.

1st April 6:00 Pm Ap Sampark Kranti. Again good train. but sleeper compartments in pathetic shape. Very dirty. Got it upgraded at the cost of 750Rs after 2 stations. But money well spent . had a good nights sleep. Train got late by 2 hours. had to reach Nizamuddin at 6. I got off at Okhla at 7:15. Reached 2nd April.

3rd April 9 Am Indian Social Institute. Nirma GD PI. Forgot a photocopy. Searched around got to a place to get the photocopy. Also came to know that one college IILM is there in proximity in one building. Thought from it sADs it would be a better one. Anyways had a GDPI on hand.
GD... well certainly none of my Gd had a fish market in it. Topic on hand : Pumping money into share market a solution to recession in India. Well noone noticed India is not in recession. Put that forward. Eveeryone listened to others views. In all a nice GD. But PI was a total disaster. Got screwed twice in the PI. Once for bluffing and other for not knowing one jargon about the field I applied for. Anywyas, had no intentions to join Nirma, wanted to join MICA, didnt happen. looking forward to KJSOM and IIFM results. will be out by 17 April.

lets see what transpires. had a nice time roaming alone throughout this part of india. Wopuld like to go to kerala now.

No comments: